The offshore fish farming project in Ghana was established in 2014 – at Lake Volta and included the Planning, construction, and management of an open water offshore tilapia fish farm with a production capacity of 1000 tonnes per year.
The operation infrastructure is designed to include the complete cycle of production necessary for Nile Tilapia and includes:
- Tilapia hatchery has a capacity of 5 million minnows per year.
- A closed water purification system.
- An automatic feeding system at the nursery and at the grow out stages.
- An innovative star-shaped offshore fish cages system linked by a platform for streamlining and easy executed operations.
- Solar power infrastructure for all the on-water operations.
- Workers dormitory.